301 - BYOD: Not Your Mother's PowerPoint: The Magic of SlideDocs
PowerPoint has been a mainstay of office computers for as long as most of us can remember. Yet, despite spending decades with this piece of software, the advanced elements of PowerPoint often lay dormant—hidden behind the drudgery of boardroom presentations and briefing requirements. However, PowerPoint can be the only tool you need in your arsenal to create a beautiful asset with visuals, hyperlink, and diagrams galore!
Anyone who finds themselves needing to represent content in a module, white paper, eBook, or workbook format can achieve cohesive and powerful design by leveraging SlideDoc design. SlideDocs are visual documents developed in presentation software that are intended to be read and referenced instead of projected. They leverage an instructionally sound approach to conveying information, paired with a development process that’s easy to learn. In this hands-on session you’ll learn how to design and develop SlideDocs, empowering you to take back the design process and change the way you look at PowerPoint forever.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to do more with less, using a tool you likely already use daily
- The basic components of a SlideDoc
- How SlideDocs chunk complex ideas and pair them with visuals, and how a visual system creates unity
- How to analyze existing SlideDocs and begin exploring how to leverage them in your own training programs
- Why our brains are primed to devour materials in this format
Designers, developers, managers
Presentation Software (ex: PPT, Keynote)
Participant technology requirements:
Laptop or tablet (whichever you are comfortable designing with). Presentation Software: PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.