312 - Creating eLearning Videos Takes Your Heart, Head & Hands
You know that video is a valuable tool for learning and communication. You’re excited to incorporate more video into your learning & development and communications strategies because it’s an effective and engaging way to drive change, compel people to take action, and motivate skills mastery. But you feel overwhelmed with the technology, the script writing, and the approaches behind a successful video strategy.
The video landscape is changing. Gone are the days when you needed to create slick training videos using a spokesperson, expensive equipment, and complicated software. Now, your audience wants videos that are genuine, relevant, and story-driven. The technology is easier to use than ever before and is often completely free! Your organization has a story to tell and knowledge to share to inspire and educate your audience: be they employees, students, or customers. It’s time to share that information in an engaging, effective way. In this session you’ll get the guidance to do just that. You’ll learn about and the different types of videos you can create, and see examples. You’ll then brainstorm your own list of video ideas and get a demo of easy and free software you can use for making those ideas come to life. Finally, you’ll learn the Heart-Head-Hands script writing technique to make the videos you create more compelling.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why video is an important strategy for training and communication
- How other organizations are effectively using video in L&D and communication
- Video styles and themes to incorporate into your L&D and communication strategies
- Sources of free video creation software to rapidly create professional looking videos
- How to write compelling video scripts using our Heart-Head-Hands scriptwriting framework
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders, corporate communications professionals