313 - Building a Video Instruction Plan (VIP)
Videos watched during your student’s learning journey are integral to establishing memories that translate to acquired skills, retained facts, changing a belief, or responding to a call to action. Your plan for the creation and distribution of educational videos is essential to the success of your viewers. So, you need to incorporate video into your learning solutions, but where do you start?
The Video Instruction Plan (VIP) is a methodology that walks you through the planning process of a video-centric learning strategy centered on a large training effort. Examples for corporations would include implementing a software system, new hire training, sales process, or culture change. Online course creators will use the VIP methodology to support main online course offerings. Instructors in higher education can use the Video Instruction Plan to organize flipped classroom videos. If you are trying to transfer knowledge through video, the VIP will set your learners up for a positive learning experience.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a Video Instruction Plan (VIP)
- Considerations for a video-centric learning delivery
- What specific video structures are used for each step of the learning journey
- How to create a video derivative media strategy
- The benefits of a Video Content Management System (VCMS)
Designers, developers, managers