404 - Planning Your Learning Data Strategy
Executives are expecting key questions about their investment in L&D to be answered, backed by data. For too many years, L&D has generated a limited set of LMS and survey data. These data may show L&D activity and learner satisfaction, but don't really explain L&D's value to the organization. Things get even trickier when you move beyond training to a more comprehensive learning and performance ecosystem. Knowledge bases, social networks, performance support tools, adaptive learning, microlearning, augmented and virtual reality-based learning, and serious games all generate their own data.
A data strategy describes the questions that must be answered and the data needed to make decisions and take actions that result in an advantage to the enterprise. This session will introduce a process for establishing your learning data strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- The three most critical ways to use learning data
- How to determine what data you need, what you have, and where it is
- How to put mechanisms in place to collect and analyze data
- How to define taxonomies for tagging and describing data
- How to use dashboards and reports to drive decision-making
Managers, directors, senior leaders