507 - Troubleshooting and Creative Problem-Solving in Workflow Learning
In workflow learning, workers must deal with work issues and learn from their experiences. In this environment, the teaching stems from resolving problems. A myriad of work consequences must be avoided instantly. Furthermore, there is not one lesson or content that answers or covers all work issues. The learning method must rely on the workers teaching themselves how to think through the problems. They learn how to troubleshoot and do creative problem-solving. Unfortunately, while most designers and developers are adept in creating content, they are not as capable in fostering a learning environment that encourages workers to work and learn while in the workflow.
In this session, you’ll explore a workflow learning thinking method and process that helps workers handle work issues, analyze them, and find solutions. You’ll gain in-depth understanding of how workers become productive by successfully fixing, solving, and improving work. You’ll review over 10 workflow learning troubleshooting and problem-solving methods, which are frameworks in dealing with work problems and issues. You’ll also obtain a better perspective of how companies in logistics, software, support, manufacturing, marketing, and others apply the workflow thinking process.
In this session, you will learn:
- Five essential steps in workflow learning troubleshooting
- How to use workflow learning troubleshooting and problem-solving models
- How to layout an environment where workers can fix, solve, and improve work and learn from their experiences
- How to apply workflow learning troubleshooting in manufacturing, marketing, software, and finance
- How to add metrics on the impacts of troubleshooting in the workflow
Designers, developers, managers