601 - BYOD: Using Storyline to Convert Your Presentation into a Dynamic Video
Capturing and holding someone’s attention can often be a challenge. Ideally, the quality and importance of the content and the “natural” desire of the person to learn would be enough all on its own to keep them engaged. Let’s face it: people have limited time and competing interests, so we have to work a little harder to help “hook and hold” their attention. And smartly using video can be a way to do that.
In this hands-on session, you’ll discover how to use an unexpected tool for the job—Storyline 360—to build dynamic video content that will help your audience stay engaged and practice these new techniques yourself right away. You’ll learn more about how you can use features like Motion Paths, Animations, Slide Transitions, Duplicate slides, and Publish to Video to create useful and interesting training videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- Techniques for designing animated slides with motion and custom animations
- How to duplicate slides and use creative transition effects
- How adjusting Slide properties can create auto advancing slides
- Ways to make adjustments to the participant’s focal point with the Zoom Region option
- How to Publish to Video to create an MP4 video presentation
- Techniques for using Review 360 to generate a package for your learning management system
Participant technology requirements:
Storyline 360 (trial version is okay)