610 - Building Compliance Training Engagement Using Learner-Driven Scenarios
First-aid responders are bombarded with multiple compliance courses that are dense with content that isn't applicable unless emergency circumstances occur. Even though refreshed, the required fact-heavy training isn't always successful. While many companies implement compliance training simply to fulfill a legal requirement, Publix Super Markets, Inc. wanted real engagement and retention, so their associates could perform life-saving actions at the time of need.
In this session, find out how Publix Super Markets, Inc. streamlined its burdensome compliance training course while improving retention for first responders by immersing users into real-life scenarios, incorporating gamification and microlearning concepts, and allowing a "test-out" option for associates who perform each given scenario successfully. Instead of lecture-style content presentation, this training presents the content in a responsive way, allowing the learner to navigate multiple scenarios, choose the best action to take, and experience the impact and consequences of their choices in a memorable and emotional way. Using this scenario-based approach allows learners to experience the results of their decisions and receive formative assessments that accompany each decision. "Just-in-time" deliverables are integrated to supplement knowledge gaps while on the job.
In this session, you will learn:
- How scenarios driven by the learner use gamification and microlearning concepts to engage learners and make content memorable
- How to use scenario-based presentation and navigation relate to learner job tasks through customizable and relatable stories
- How the "test-out" approach is beneficial to both the learner and the organization (time and money savings; attention focused on knowledge gaps; validation through success)
- How scenario-based presentation and navigation strengthens learners decision-making skills
- How to use "just-in-time" deliverables to supplement required compliance training