702 - BYOD: Creating Animated Video for Interactive eLearning Adventures
Do you have a brilliant idea for a scenario-based eLearning course, but you're not sure how to design the interactions or choice maps? Maybe the success of a course you're building depends making the audience experience the consequences of their decisions like a punch in the gut (things blowing up, angry customers, or a process going horribly wrong) or joyful elation (saving the day, solving problems, or surpassing a quota)? Wouldn't you love to create "Choose Your Adventure" eLearning where the characters respond directly and naturally to choices made by the learners, without twisting your brain in knots while taking a month to design it, or breaking the bank on production costs?
In this session, you will explore an easy to follow, four-step method for designing interactive learning adventures and get hands-up experience creating animated characters and video that will bring your eLearning to life! Soar beyond writing learning objectives by exploring a design method that empowers you to create learning adventures, complete with plot twists and alternative 'endings' that will engage your audience and lead them to meaningful and memorable learning outcomes. You'll learn the basics of storytelling and apply those concepts to designing eLearning adventures. You'll be able to use templates and worksheets provided in the session to define the challenges and discover how to quickly create a map of realistic choices and meaningful consequences that determine how your animations will respond. Finally, learn how to create your own short animated video using Vyond Studio and watch as animated video is incorporated into an Articulate Storyline project to produce an interactive eLearning adventure!
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use an easy to follow, four-step method for designing animated videos for interactive eLearning adventures, complete with realistic challenges, practical choices, and meaningful consequences
- How to design and create animated video that responds seamlessly to eLearning interactions
- How to use Vyond Studio to create custom characters and animated video for a wide variety of topics, scenarios, industries, and audiences
- How to produce scenario-based eLearning using animated video that won't break the bank or your brain to design and produce
- How to incorporate animated video into interactive eLearning using Articulate Storyline
Designers, developers, managers
Vyond Studio, Articulate Storyline 360, Articulate Review 360
Participant technology requirements:
A Wi-Fi enabled laptop with Articulate 360 and Articulate Storyline 360 installed, a Chrome or Internet Explorer browser, 2+GB of memory, 1+GB free hard drive/SSD space, and a Vyond account. If you don't have Articulate 360, Storyline 360, or Vyond already, access and install their free trial offers no more than one week before the session.