P13 - Using Design Thinking to Craft Learning Experiences
The 21st-century workforce is unique; people have endless options for learning in the ways that best meet their needs. Yet many of the design and development models in L&D are decades old. That’s where design thinking comes in; it’s a modern approach to creative problem-solving that’s iterative, collaborative, and experimental. And it’s also fun!
In this workshop, you’ll explore an entire design thinking cycle. You will work through every stage of the process, applying and adapting best practices that will work for you and your organization, including user interviews, prototyping, and iterative design. You will see how this approach can stimulate ideas for creative, human-centered solutions that fit the modern workplace.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to think differently about learning experience design
- About the models of design thinking
- How to adapt the model to your workplace
- How to develop empathy for learners
- How to create low-fidelity prototypes
- How to generate creative ideas
- How to test and refine your ideas
Designers, developers, managers