SDD204 - Finding Your Design Voice
You're tasked with designing new content from scratch. You open a fresh document, the white screen stares back at you, and your mind goes blank. You don't know where to start and your creativity is locked. How can you shake fresh ideas loose and find your own voice in the design process?
In this session, you'll explore practical, easy-to-use ways to build design momentum, even when you aren't feeling inspired. You'll discover where to find quick wins to build momentum and gain inspiration. Then, you'll use that inspiration to create personal style guides that empower you to make quick and confident design decisions. You'll establish how to lay out strong objectives and true back to them throughout the design process to keep you honed-in on your learner. You'll learn to how to build in interaction from the very beginning, engaging your learners and enabling them to discover their own answers. You'll define clear personal parameters to keep yourself focused and your content simple. Through it all, you'll appreciate your own limits and keep yourself energized. You'll leave the session ready to fearlessly experiment with your design using a voice that is uniquely yours.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to find your quick wins and inspiration
- How to develop style guides that reflect your perspective
- How to build interaction in from the beginning of the design process
- How to keep your design simple and centered on your objectives
- How to recognize your own limits
- To make fearless design decision with confidence