SMM102 - Creating Your Emerging Tech Strategy
Change is accelerating. New products are announced and released at an ever increasing pace. How can you catch your breath and make informed decisions on what to evaluate, try, and buy? Chad Udell's most recent book, Shock of the New, serves as a great guide for the executive and managers navigating this space today and tomorrow. Join Chad as he provides an overview of the BUILDS framework created for the book, gives research and background relevant to the space for making great technology choices, and takes questions from the audience as we work through some BUILDS analysis on emerging tech we are facing today.
The technology buying process is complicated. It's getting more and more complex by the month. The BUILDS framework features in Shock of the New is a fresh take on this problem and is backed by research and experience that enables success. Business Value, Impact, User Experience, Learning Models, Dependencies, and Signals in the Marketplace all combine in BUILDS to make your decision making process easier as you take advantage of the punctuated equilibrium in today's world of emerging technology.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to make better buying decisions for your organization
- How to understand business value for emerging technologies
- How new models of user experience are reshaping expectations
- What Impacts these new technologies are having on workers
- How learning models are affected and enabled by new technologies
- What dependencies may need to be in place in order to achieve success
- Where are signals in the industry that can help you make better decisions
Managers, senior leaders
AR, VR, blockchain, IoT, xAPI