231 - Take a Second Look at Job Aids
What if crafting content doesn't always mean it becomes a class, course, or a video? What if instead, content is crafted to be tools that help people succeed on the job? When providing instructions and how-to content, job aids can be a valuable resource.
In this session we'll focus on why you should consider crafting job aids in addition to course content, or as a replacement sometimes. We’ll compare and contrast different methods to their creation and identify what an effective job aid is comprised of. While job aids come in a variety of formats and approaches, using good visuals can go a long way towards making them more successful. Time permitting, we'll brainstorm ideas for crafting your own job aids and other performance support tools, as well.
In this session, you will learn:
- To compare and contrast various methods for crafting successful job aids
- To participate in a robust review of many types of job aids and performance support tools
- What comprises good job aids
- How to make decisions about what might work best with your own learning audience(s)
- To establish a framework for determining when to craft job aids/performance support tools
Techsmith tools, Techsmith templates, images, chatbots, AI, video, job aid selection tool