904 - Empower Your Sales Team with Game-based Training that Will Really Stick
Empowering your salespeople with product knowledge is critical to ensure they're confident and informed while working with leads. You find yourself needing to train your team often on new product information or updates but your team is tired of the same-old training sessions via PowerPoint or video. Also, they appear to be forgetting the material quickly only a few weeks after the training session and you have to conduct the same training all over again. Furthermore, most of your salespeople are working remotely and you need to find a solution that can keep them engaged and focused virtually even after a marathon day of conference calls. There has to be a better way to train complicated content and ensure that your team retains it.
In this session, you'll learn all about the benefits of game-based learning and why it's the perfect solution for motivating a sales team. We'll review how to add games to your blended learning program and get you started on the right foot by selecting the "just right" game. We'll discuss all the different game options and how to properly align them to your learning objectives. We'll spend extra time on the importance of training your team on soft skills and the specific game mechanic that you need to ensure that your soft skill training is effective. You’ll see how to add games to your team's learning journey so that they serve as a motivation tool pre-sales event, an engagement tool during the sales event, and as an assessment tool post your training event. We'll play a game in the middle of the session so that you can see first-hand the power games can bring. We'll show you how easy it is to create a game-based learning program in a virtual environment if your team is working remotely. And lastly, we'll discuss the key metrics and data you need to analyze and understand the ROI of your efforts.
In this session, you will learn:
- How game-based learning taps into your sales team's competitive nature
- How leveraging games in your training is the key to making your training more effective
- How to start a game-based learning strategy by mapping your desired outcome to the best game mechanic
- The importance of training your team on soft skills and the best game to use to ensure they will have the skills needed to communicate, empathize, and handle objections
- How fun a game can be during a live or virtual event by playing one with me in the middle of the session
- The importance of understanding the ROI of your game-based learning strategy with game data and analytics
The Training Arcade, Arcades‚ Jeopardy! for training