P06 - BYOD: Video Producer Bootcamp
Video's place in digital learning isn't debatable. Video is an important avenue for instruction, and as more learning occurs remotely video will only become more critical. While video is an essential component of remote learning, very few instructional designers have any training in video production. From equipping a studio at a reasonable cost to proper video production techniques to editing and post-production—there is a great deal to learn.
In this workshop, you'll take on the many roles of a video producer and learn the process and techniques used in professional-level video production. We'll start with pre-production planning to plan the entire shoot. You'll then set up the mobile studio and have the opportunity to work with lighting, green screen, mobile device rigs for video capture, and video "talent" as you prepare to shoot the actual video. You will next experience several production roles during the shoot itself as you prepare on-camera talent, capture the actual video, review footage, and store the video assets. In the afternoon, you'll move on to the post-production phase. During this time you'll collect and create graphical assets to enhance the instructional value of your video. With guidance you’ll learn how to "brand" each component of your video to add both internal consistency and congruence with larger company branding. Finally, with all assets created, you'll learn how to use editing software as you individually edit the video on your laptop. You'll leave with both experience and a number of resources including checklists for the production of your own professional learning videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to equip and setup a low-cost, small space, video studio
- How to use mobile devices or inexpensive cameras for video capture
- How to engage in the preproduction and planning process
- How to shoot video in a green screen studio
- How to find assets to enhance the educational message of your video
- How to brand your video content to be internally consistent
- How to meet external branding requirements for your video
- How to edit video content and external assets to create a completed video
Video cameras/mobile devices, microphones and audio recording devices
Participant technology requirements: Laptop with Adobe Premier installed