P6 - Best Practices in Visual Design for Learning Professionals
This is a two-day online workshop that takes place from 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM Pacific time on both Wednesday, May 5 and Thursday, May 6.
Did you know that you can improve your visual design skills even if you are not an artist? If you feel challenged when it comes to visual design or if you want to bring your skills to the next level, then join this workshop for a fun workshop of hands-on visual design practice. Because eLearning and training slides are visual mediums, their design has an impact on learning and motivation.
In this workshop, we will explore the components of visual design (graphic space, images, and typography) and the foundation principles of graphic design. Using PowerPoint as your graphic editor, you will practice by applying design principles to eLearning, information graphics, and training or presentation slides. You will also consider ways to optimize graphics to promote learning. You will leave this workshop able to design with intention, rather than making random or haphazard design choices. Please be sure to have PowerPoint running on your computer.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to make intentional design choices that make your visuals appealing and effective
- How to create striking designs through layout, imagery, and typography
- The foundation principles of visual design that have the most impact
- How to transform bullet points into visuals
- How to explain the rationale behind your design choices
- How to critique designs to recognize their strengths and areas for improvement